DHCP server monitor

Savigni ing. Roberto r.savigni at ausl.fe.it
Fri Jul 8 10:14:19 CEST 2005

Good Morning.

I've installed Hobbit on a BB server.
It is able to monitor everything I need except DHCP daemon.
The DHCP server is the same of BB server in the main location, while
I've 3 more DHCP servers in remote locations (each running bb-client).
I've tried to use the external program that make the use of DHCPING
(bb-dhcp) that I've found on deadcat.net, but this is not able to
dhcping -s localhost.

In BBSERVER I've added the following line in $BBHOME/bin/bb-network.sh
to test it and it works

# DHCP support...Ray DeJean ( <mailto:ray at selu.edu> ray at selu.edu)
# most of this code is stolen from
# Frank T. Kujawski < <mailto:frank at bluegrass.net> frank at bluegrass.net>
who added DNS support
# requires nmap tool in /usr/local/bin
dhcp )   # echo "looking for dhcp server"

        /usr/bin/nmap -sU -p 67 ${HOSTIP} | $GREP "closed dhcpserver" >
/dev/null 2>&1
        if test "$?" = "0"
        then
              LINE="DHCP Server on ${FULLNAME} down"
              echo "$NONETPAGE" | $GREP "dhcp" > /dev/null 2>&1
              if test $? = "1"        # NOT FOUND - PAGE
              then
                     COLOR="red"
              else
                     COLOR="yellow"
                     LINE="$LINE - configured not to page"
               fi
        else
              COLOR="green"
              LINE="DHCP Server OK"
        fi

        $BB $BBDISP "status ${MACHINE}.dhcp $COLOR `date` $LINE"
;;

Any suggestion on how I can made the same check with Hobbit?

Thanks in advance

Roberto