[hobbit] graph problems + patch

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Jul 7 13:39:40 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 12:28:22PM +0200, Gianluca Rossi wrote:

> >- on all windows client, the "memory" graph is always zero (not empty).
> It seems that i have found something wrong in larrd/do_la.c : the first
> error seems a typo, that zeoes the data collected.

OK, that one looks like a genuine bug. Thanks for the fix.

> the second is that the function atol return a signed long integer, and
> cannot report memory sizes > 2Gb.

Yes, that is a problem - but I'm not sure it really has any importance
here. The do_la.c code only handles memory statistics *if there is no
bb_memory* extension active on this host. So it only receives the
memory reports that the BBNT client embeds in the cpu report - and as
far as I know the BBNT client uses an old Win32 API that cannot handle
more than 2 GB of memory.

> I am the only one having trouble with memory graph on windows machines???

I think most people are using the bb_memory extension script.

> I have written a small patch, using a specific gcc extension: the
> function atoll and the long long integer (64 bit).

Unfortunately this will cause problems for those who do not use gcc
to compile Hobbit. I'll see if I can find a more portable solution.