[hobbit] I can't get any graph on hobbit

Rolf Schrittenlocher Schrittenlocher at rz.uni-frankfurt.de
Thu Jul 7 10:29:12 CEST 2005

Dear Nicolas,

> Hi,
>
> After recompiling rrdtool 1.2.10 on aix 5.2 and hobbit 4.0.4, I have
> infos in my rrd files (rrd fetch shows some entries).
>
> But I can't get any graph at the bottom of hobbit pages.
>
> I tried to run the cgi from command line, but I have the following
> message :
> "xgetenv: Cannot find value for variable QUERY_STRING"
>
> How can I set the QUERY_STRING properly and try to generate my graphs ?

Try (for Solaris, but should work for Linux and AIX as well I hope)
QUERY_STRING="VAR1=VAL1&VAR2=VAL2..."
export QUERY_STRING
then execute the script from command line

or - if it is a perl script - add a line like
$ENV{'QUERY_STRING'} = "VAR1=VAL1&VAR2=VAL2...";
at the top of the script

where VARx are the variables the script needs and VALx are the values of
these variables

Rolf

Rolf Schrittenlocher

HRZ/BDV, Senckenberganlage 31, 60054 Frankfurt
Tel. Sammelnr. LBS: (49) 69 - 798 28830
Fax: (49) 69 798 28817
LBS: lbs-f at mlist.uni-frankfurt.de

Persoenlich: schritte at rz.uni-frankfurt.de