[hobbit] Bbnet-test.c

Tue Jul 5 19:02:29 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 11:43 -0500, FARRIOR, Andy wrote:
> Henrik,
>
> If you don't see a problem with it, could you captilize "not" in the
> messages generated by bbtest-net.c?
>

> $ grep -nw "OK" bbtest-net.c
> 1602:                             strcat(msgtext, "OK ");
> 1620:                                   strcat(msgtext, "not OK.\nThe
> ");
> 1628:                                   strcat(msgtext, "not OK : ");
> 1635:                             strcat(msgtext, "OK\n");
> 1675:                             strcat(msgtext, "OK\n");
>

> I've had a few techs who only read the message body and not the subjet
> line and don't notice the "not" in "not OK" when the conn status is red.
> They see "OK" and think all is well....
>
> I'm training them to read the subject heading first, but thought this
> might be minor change you'd like.

Well, if you really wanted something different (but short) how about
"BAD" or FAIL, this removes the need to grok multiple words....
However, this might cause issues for other people who have tools which
depend on the output....

Mind you, so does capitalising not -> NOT cause the same problem.

Regards,
Adam

Adam Goryachev
Website Managers