[hobbit] Status Unavailable

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Jul 1 09:37:45 CEST 2005

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 03:25:30PM +0800, Vernon Everett wrote:
> Thanks for helping on this.
> I rebooted this morning. Could the memory leak still effect me in that
> short time?

Probably not. Just wanted to rule out this possibility.

> No "failed allocation" in dmesg output.
> Do you want the full output?

No, I dont think that is necessary.

> [root at pengo log]# vmstat 4 20

And your system is mostly idle with no swap or disk activity.

> [hobbit at pengo hobbit]$ server/bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitdboard"
> 2005-07-01 15:21:45 Whoops ! bb failed to send message - timeout

Could you try running "strace -p <process-ID of the hobbitd process>"
for a minute or two and send me the output, then do a
"kill -6 <process-id>" and mail me the core-file from
~hobbit/server/tmp/ together with the ~hobbit/server/bin/hobbitd file ?

Also, after this try adding a "--debug" to the hobbitd commandline
in hobbitlaunch.cfg. Let it run for a while and then mail me the
hobbitd.log file.

This bug sounds a bit nasty, I think ....