[hobbit] maint.pl with no email

Asif Iqbal iqbala-hobbit at qwestip.net
Sat Feb 26 01:32:35 CET 2005

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 11:22:34PM, Henrik Stoerner wrote:

> Frankly, this part of maint.pl is just plain broken. What's the point

Well I had to add/modify couple things to make it work as it was with Bigbrother.

First of all I added the notify-admin host bb-hosts file like this
	1.2.3.4 notify-admin # noconn maint
Added maint in the --ignorecolums list in bbgen section in hobbitlaunch.cfg file.
Added the following lines in the hobbit-alerts.cfg file
	HOST=notify-admin SERVICE=maint
        SCRIPT /tmp/scripts/notify my.email at here.com FORMAT=TEXT REPEAT=999d

 This is how the /tmp/scripts/notify looks like

 #!/bin/sh
 #
 LINES=`echo "${BBALPHAMSG}" | /usr/local/bin/formail -I "" | /bin/wc -l`
 LINES=`expr $LINES - 3`
 echo "${BBALPHAMSG}" | /bin/tail -${TOP} | mailx -s "BB [$ACKCODE] $BBHOSTSVC" $RCPT

 exit 0

Modified the cgi-secure/maint.pl by rewriting the lines
	"pager notify-admin.maint enable....." OR "pager notify-admin.maint disable..."
 With
	"status notify-admin.maint red enable...." OR "status notify-admin.maint red disable...."

I am positive Henrik has a cooler solution for this.

Thanks

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu