Problems with custom RRD graphs

Andy France Andy at zespri.com
Thu Feb 17 01:24:55 CET 2005

Hi all,

Before I move on to graphing some more complex datasets (Oracle :-), I've
been trying my hand at some simple graphs for our UPS.

I'm monitoring the UPS using a modified version of the apcsnmp222.tar.gz
script  from deadcat (http://www.deadcat.net.au/viewfile.php?fileid=893).
I've modified the test names for "more uniqueness", updated some of the
status message texts, and converted it back to degress celcius.

I've written my --extra-script (based on the sample in the hobbitd_larrd
man page) and added this as well my columns for the --extra-tests in
hobbitlaunch.cfg under the larrdstatus command.

My script is getting executed OK.  I've added some debug messages which get
appended to a log file and most things are running as expected.  However,
I'm getting no actual data, no rrd files and no graphs :-(

It seems the the $FNAME parameter is not giving me what it shoud, and this
is causing my tests to echo the DS line, the rrd file name, but an empty
data string.  I've added an extra debug line in the script to do a
"/usr/bin/cp $FNAME /tmp/$FNAME.$TESTNAME.$$" but there are no files
appearing in temp.  This is what leads me to believe the file at $FNAME is
not there when I grep it.

I'm running 4.0-RC2 on Solaris 9 x86.  I started as a clean 4.0-b4 install
and have done a "make install" during the b5, b6, RC1, RC2 upgrades.  I
have also recently run a "make setup" for RC2 due to issues that most
people have run accross!

Does this give anyone enough info to help?  I can start posting all my
config and scripts if required.

TIA,
Andy.

This email is intended for the person to whom it is addressed
only. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy
or use the contents in any way. The opinions expressed may not
necessarily reflect those of ZESPRI Group of Companies ('ZESPRI').

While every effort has been made to verify the information
contained herein, ZESPRI does not make any representations
as to the accuracy of the information or to the performance
of any data, information or the products mentioned herein.
ZESPRI will not accept liability for any losses, damage or
consequence, however, resulting directly or indirectly from
the use of this e-mail/attachments.