[hobbit] Hobbit 4.0-RC1 available

Henrik Storner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Feb 3 22:52:40 CET 2005

In <1107455777.32088.36.camel at rinux> rwaegner <rwaegner at questia.com> writes:

>Spoke too soon. Now that a few polling periods have passed, the bea page
>is nothing but the truncated snmpwalk output from the BEA-WEBLOG-MIB and
>the graphs have disappeared, odd.
>in the bea.log file, "/home/hobbit/server/ext/bea-snmpstats.sh: line 27:
>/home/hobbit/server/bin/bb: Argument list too long" is being dumped at
>eat polling time. Any ideas where I went wrong?

How much data does the two snmpwalk commands in bea-snmpstats generate?

It's probably your servers that return more data than the current
script can handle. The output of the snmpwalk commands are passed as a
command-line parameter to the "bb" client tool, so if it exceeds
something like 32 Kb (it varies between shell implementations), then
your shell cannot handle it.

It would need some tweaking of the bea-snmpstats script to work around
this, and you probably also need to recompile Hobbit with an increased
MAXMSG setting.