[hobbit] weird disk error - aix

Rob Munsch rmunsch at solutionsforprogress.com
Fri Dec 9 20:07:55 CET 2005

Strange.  On the box where i'm seeing this, there's never been a bb, and
it's not the server; i see it happen occasionally on several different
boxes that are running clients (only).  I have not yet seen it happen on
the hobbit server (which only starts the server, and allows the server
to handle the launching of the 'local' client process).

Rob MacGregor wrote:

>On 09/12/05, Rob MacGregor <rob.macgregor at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Never installed BB on this box, so I know it's not that.  I don't
>>think I've started the client, but I'll kill all the hobbit processes
>>and start just the server to be sure.
>>

>Ok, I am running the client after all - I'd forgotten that there were
>some things I needed to monitor (state of local RAID arrays, UPS etc).
> I've not seen any way to run ext scripts from the server, so had to
>run the client.
>
>--
>                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
>Rob MacGregor
>      Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he
>        doesn't become a monster.                  Friedrich Nietzsche

Rob Munsch
Systems Analyst, Solutions for Progress
http://www.solutionsforprogress.com