[hobbit] New enable/disable tool ready for testing

David Gore David.Gore at mci.com
Fri Apr 29 16:14:27 CEST 2005

David Gore wrote:
> Henrik Stoerner wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 02:40:58AM +0000, David Gore wrote:
>>
>>> Do you have plans to add back the username like in the maint.pl?  I
>>> would like to see who is disabling tests.
>>>
>>> conn
>>>
>>> Disabled by: unknown @ some.ip.addr.ess
>>> Reason: WE can't do anything to resolve this issue
>>

>> The default setup puts the enable/disable on a webpage that is
>> password-protected, and it then automatically picks up the username
>> you used to login.
>>
>> If you really want to know who is disabling stuff, perhaps that was
>> worth considering ?
>

> I suppose I do not know what you mean.  I didn't disable anything.  I
> have added a password via Apache for the entire Hobbit site when our
> security people complained.  I cannot say I have see a password request
> for this specific page.
>
> I will add security for the cgi-secure directory as well, if that is
> what you mean.  It many evoke some complaining about two passwords for
> hobbit we will see.
>

> ~David

I suppose I do not know how to fix this.  The enable/disable doesn't
pick up the login for the Hobbit site and I cannot get apache to ask for
a second password on the enable/disable page.  Perhaps I have the apache
config wrong?

Alias /hobbit  "/export/home/hobbit/server/www"
<Directory "/export/home/hobbit/server/www/">
     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes MultiViews
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
     AuthUserFile /export/home/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitpasswd
     AuthType Basic
     AuthName "Hobbit Network and Application Monitoring"
     Require valid-user
</Directory>

ScriptAlias /hobbit-cgi "/www/hobbit/cgi-bin"
<Directory "/www/cgi-bin/hobbit">
     AllowOverride None
     Options ExecCGI Includes
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

ScriptAlias /hobbit-seccgi/ "/www/hobbit/cgi-secure/"
<Directory "/www/cgi-secure">
     AllowOverride None
     Options ExecCGI Includes
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
     AuthUserFile /export/home/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitpasswd
     AuthType Basic
     AuthName "Hobbit Administration"
     Require user dwgore
</Directory>