Small Enhancement

Paul D. Backer pauldb1 at cotepe.carenet.org
Thu Apr 21 18:27:49 CEST 2005

This small enhancement will put an icon on the location bar of your browser as well as on the tab, if you browser supports tabs (such as Firefox).

First, start by inserting the following HTML tag inside the <HEAD> ... </HEAD> section of each header file in the web directory:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="&BBSKIN/ico/favicon-&BBBACKGROUND.ico">

Second, and last, unzip the attached file into the www/gifs directory.  You should have a ico directory in the gifs directory containing seven files.

That it.  The location of the icon files maybe could be somewhere more suitable but this was the easiest for me.  The HTML tag maybe doesn't need to be added to every header file, I'm too busy to figure it out.  I used the recent.gifs for the icons, if you want others this website, http://www.html-kit.com/favicon/ can convert almost any image into an icon compatible with this process.

Paul