[hobbit] 4.0.3rc1 available

David Gore David.Gore at mci.com
Tue Apr 26 02:19:12 CEST 2005

Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> I've put together a 4.0.3rc1 package - it's available at
> http://www.hswn.dk/beta/hobbit-4.0.3rc1.tar.gz
>
> This obviously has all the fixes that have been patched since the
> 4.0.2 release.
>
> It also includes the new enable/disable tool - there's no man-page for
> it yet, but I'll write one before the release. I have improved on this
> compared to the "maintenance-feature-v2" patch, by adding a simple way
> of enabling all tests for a host, or even multiple tests for all
> hosts. In other words, I think this one should satisfy everyone here.
> And hopefully it will also work on HP-UX; I think I understand the CGI
> "POST" specs now.
>
> Paul Backer's favicons are also in there.
>
> Based on the feedback last week, I decided to rip out the Big Brother
> compatibility code that had accumulated in Hobbit. (Just the BB server
> compatibility code - Hobbit still works fine with BB clients). It
> wasn't a lot of code, actually: This was almost entirely confined to
> the "bbgen" tool and how it loads the current state of Hobbit when it
> builds the webpages. So most of this clean-up job was going through
> the documentation, but it did result in a much needed cleanup of the
> purple-handling code in bbgen. So "--purplelog" actually works now.
>
> The full Changelog is below.
>
> I expect this to be very close to the final 4.0.3, but I would like it
> to have a bit of testing with you - especially the final version of
> the enable/disable tool, and any breakage caused by the removal of BB
> compatibility.
>
> Note that if you upgrade, then the ~/data/www/menu/menu_items.js file
> will *not* automatically be changed to point at the new
> "hobbit-enadis.sh" tool instead of "maint.pl" - you'll need to do that
> change by hand.
>

> Regards,
> Henrik
>

> Changes from 4.0.2 -> 4.0.3
> ---------------------------
> Bugfixes:
> * Acknowledgments were broken in 4.0.2.
> * Fix file-descriptor leak in the "setup-newfiles" tool
>   used during installation. This could cause "make install"
>   to abort while installing new files, on systems with a
>   low setting for the max. number of simultaneous open files.
> * The BBALPHAMSG text passed to scripts as a default alert
>   message now includes the URL link to the statuslog.
> * Some header/footer files for the snapshot report HTML docs
>   were missing.
> * The bb-datepage CGI tool was reading the POST data in
>   an incorrect way; it worked on most systems, but did not
>   adhere to the CGI specification.
> * The "info_header" and "info_footer" files were not being
>   used for the "info" column pages.
> * Using PAGE=... in hobbit-alerts.cfg to pick out hosts
>   on the front-page was not possible. The front page is
>   now recognized with the name "/", so PAGE=/ will find
>   them.
> [...]

Replaced maint.pl in menu_items.js with hobbit-enadis.sh.

IE: blank page
Firefox: function isInternetExplorer() { if
(window.navigator.appName.indexOf("Internet Explorer") != -1) return
true; else return false; } function validateDisable(theform) { if
(theform.hostname.value == null || theform.hostname.value == "") {
alert("You must select the Host(s) to disable!");
theform.hostname.focus(); return false; } // Next validation works on
Mozilla, but does not work on MSIE browser if (! isInternetExplorer()) {
if (theform.disabletest.value

Putting maint.pl back in which works.

~David Gore