[Xymon] Xymon social media presences

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Oct 4 05:57:57 CEST 2023

Along the lines of the previous update, I've reactivated a Facebook page
that I'd set up for the project a long while back (which FB had hidden
over time), as well as created handle accounts on various social media
services:

https://facebook.com/XymonMonitor

New accounts have been created here, primarily for #hashtag and @account
reference purposes at the moment:

https://twitter.com/XymonMonitor
https://instagram.com/XymonMonitor
https://reddit.com/u/XymonMonitor

In addition, there are a few resource groups out there, including:

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2776122/ - XymonAdmins (unlisted)
https://www.xymon.jp/ - Japanese Xymon User Group
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/126643144159684/
- Using hashtag #xymonjp on Twitter

One thing I've noticed is that Xymon looks to be a rather common name in
some countries, which does make direct searching a little difficult.
"Xymon Monitor" seems to be something a bit more trackable (with the full
name "Xymon Systems and Network Monitor" as entitled on our SF page), but
we might have to see in the future what references become useful more
organically.

Nevertheless, hopefully this is a start. Feel free to
like/comment/tag/subscribe/share/etc these in the future.

Regards,
-jc