[Xymon] Acknowledgements and page color.

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Thu Nov 9 21:37:15 CET 2023

On Thu, November 9, 2023 11:35, Grant Taylor wrote:
> On 11/8/23 11:46 AM, J.C. Cleaver wrote:
>> This isn't something currently there, but I could see adding it in
>> in the future as an option or toggle.
>
> That would be nice to have.  :-)
>
>> For the moment, the distinction here between one Ack'd and one
>> a page-viewer "doesn't need to care about" would be achieved by
>> sending a "Disabled until OK" message, which sets the color to the
>> non-alerting Blue.
>
> Yep, that's what we've been doing.
>
> But I figured I'd stop and ask instead of doing the same thing has
> always been done out of ignorance.

I should clarify that I was referring to the individual status pages for a
host (pulled live via svcstatus.cgi, or a static HTML generation if
enabled).

If you want to prevent an entire *page* from reflecting the worst status
if that status has been acked, you can pass the --nopropack=* option to
xymongen in your tasks.cfg entry.

See https://xymon.sourceforge.io/xymon/help/manpages/man1/xymongen.1.html

-jc