[Xymon] Hand editing config files

Steve Holmes sholmes42 at mac.com
Thu Jun 14 01:56:41 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Scot Kreienkamp <SKreien at la-z-boy.com>wrote:

> I'm OK with text files, but a syntax checker for each config file sure
> would be nice.  I like the text files for the flexibility they allow.
>
> Scot Kreienkamp
> Senior Systems Engineer
> skreien at la-z-boy.com

I'm ok with text and hand editing - BUT it would be really cool if there
was a tool that would make it easier to update multiple files consistently.
I realize with regexps on page AND host names this becomes very
complicated, but when I remove hosts I often forget the remove them from
the auxiliary config files. It doesn't really hurt anything, but makes for
a bigger clean-up job later.

Thanks for a great tool!
Steve Holmes

--
If they give you ruled paper, write the other way. -Juan Ramon Jimenez,
poet, Nobel Prize in literature (1881-1958)

I prayed for freedom for twenty years, but received no answer until I
prayed with my legs. -Frederick Douglass, Former slave, abolitionist,
editor, and orator (1817-1895)