[Xymon] Hand editing config files

Matthew Neumark MNeumark at savemart.com
Thu Jun 14 01:54:57 CEST 2012

We monitor over 250 locations with about 5000 devices. The host file does become a huge pain to add and remove small changes. Unless you download the file, make changes, and then re-upload it. I know I could use "vi" or "nano", but I have better tools on my desktop. Plus, our environment is pretty dynamic and changing often. So it makes it a daily chore to keep up with.

So a GUI would drastically help if I could even edit the whole file from just a simple page. As I could just copy and paste it without having to download, change, and re-upload.

Matt Neumark