[hobbit] Hobbit and bb-central

Michael A. Price mprice at hst.nasa.gov
Tue Sep 12 00:05:06 CEST 2006

Henrik,

Thanx so much for getting back to me so quickly. The problem is that I
am running a very, very secure version of Linux called Secure Platform
from Checkpoint.
They made their own gcc libraries and compiler and Make is not
installed. So I downloaded "Make" and tried compiling it and when i try
and run ./configure it breaks because the C-compiler is not allowed to
create executables. I cant upgrade the libraries because it will break
the software.

Here is the output:
[Expert at hobfw]# ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
[Expert at hobfw]#

Is there anyway to manually install the hobbit-client ??? or any other
cool ideas you have ???

thanx, michael

Michael A. Price
Performance Network Engineering