Re: [hobbit] Hobbit_Perl_Client v1.20

On Wednesday 01 July 2009 10:10:07 Francesco Duranti wrote:
> I know it was my fault but I didn't had the time to work on
> hobbit_perl_client for quite a long period of time. Now it seems that I
> start to have back some time to work on it so I created the new version and
> I had also the intention of putting all the source on the svn. I tried to
> implement also some of the patches I received in the last years. The code
> regarding dbcheck.pl is not changed much so probably all the patches you
> have could be implemented (I just changed something on the tablespace view
> and for sqlserver/mysql).
>
> On the db-side I'm not a database expert so every change/new functionality
> would be really appreciated :)
>
> In the next weeks I'll probably also add a new program to the
> hobbit_perl_client to  check jboss server... more on this as soon as I have
> something "usable" on hand...

I might be worthwhile considering refactoring some of the code, and putting it
under a Xymon namespace, and making an official Xymon perl framework.

I have a few other perl checks, and could probably have benefited from some
routines, but didn't want to add a new dependency. However, if we make an
official perl library that ships with Xymon, it would be less of an issue ...

Regards,
Buchan