Re: [hobbit] Requesting a common encrypted port number for hobbit client/server

From: "T.J. Yang" <tj_yang (at) hotmail.com>
To: <hobbit (at) hswn.dk>
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2007 3:40 PM
Subject: [hobbit] Requesting a common encrypted port number for hobbit client/server

Just and idea, port 1984 over the years got recognized by some kind of Internet organization as default port for bb client/server communication port.

Should we (hobbit community) pursue a common port number for hobbit client/server encrypted communication ?

I see the need but don't how to get this done.
which port number to use ? who(which entity)  to ask ?

Have a look at http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers

Regards
Lars Ebeling