From: Tod Hansmann [mailto:thansmann (at) directpointe.com]=20
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 10:40 AM
To: hobbit (at) hswn.dk
Subject: RE: [hobbit] Highlights of the 4.3.0 version

In my experience, I have to agree.  Hobbit is for monitoring so the
information that x is down gets to people who can properly diagnose what
is going on, not take generic actions.  If generic actions were
something that were required for X to function properly, it should be a
feature of that software.

Hobbit CAN do some scripting based on alerts, but even that might be a
bit more than a systems administrator wants to hinder himself with.

Tod Hansmann
Network Engineer
=20
=20