Re: [hobbit] Problem with LOG test

David Gore a écrit :
Login to the client host, agecanonix and look for these files:

cd ~/client/tmp && ls -al *status *cfg

Then you may want to try what you see in the .cfg by hand. You should see something like this in the .cfg file:

log:/var/adm/messages:10240
trigger WARNING|ERROR
log:/home/sirt/log/alarm_tina.log:10240
trigger major|critical
This file exist and it's OK

Which should mirror your config. Then try grepping by hand to see if you get what you want:

egrep -ei 'WARNING|ERROR' /var/adm/messages
egrep -ei'pattern' file doesn't run correctly on my linux box. I must use egrep -i -e'pattern' file synthax

If I use egrep -i -e'major|critical' /home/sirt/log/alarm_tina.log
then the command is Ok and send the 2 test lines.

And you are using Hobbit 4.2.0, if not then you need to upgrade.
I use Hobbit 4.2.0

Cdl

Olivier