Re: [hobbit] permission denied

Ralph Mitchell wrote:
On 9/10/06, Kevin <khanrahan (at) charter.net> wrote:
Hi Henrik, it's been a long time. Yes, I did include the
hobbit-apache.conf piece in the httpd.conf file.  (and I only made the
permissions 777 to troubleshoot this), but it makes no difference. It is
running on RHEL 4.0, apache 2.0, and I can't see what else would be
restricting permission to /hobbit/. Got any ideas?

You do have at least a+x access on every directory in the path to the hobbit directory, right?? Or equivalent group access for the webserver group?? If not, your web server won't be able to traverse the path to get there...

Ralph Mitchell

hobbit-unsubscribe (at) hswn.dk

Yes sir I do. I went one step further and gave every directory from / to the hobbit directory 777 permissions. How could access be denied?