Re: [hobbit] Some info columns not working

Epp, Matthew Contractor PEO EIS AKO wrote:

Some of my info pages aren't coming up. Just get Internal Server Error and Apache logs a "Premature end of script headers: bb-hostsvc.sh" when I try to access them. At first I thought maybe it was just the systems relayed through bbproxy, but I've found some tested locally from the main display server that also don't work, and there are relayed systems that DO have info. Checked all the hobbit logs and don't see any problems reported. Any troubleshooting tips?

I found something interesting that may be related to this. I have noticed that when you restart hobbit, The info columns (at least some of them) seem to "not work" until the client has reported in. By not work I mean that when I click the info column, I am prompted to download a file called bb-hostsvc.sh. Once the client checks in (I'm guessing), I can click it and actually get the HTML page.

I think it may be some bug where when the information that goes in the info column (one of the fields like OS, Client S/W) is not yet sent, perhaps bb-hostsvc.sh crashes or improperly outputs the HTML which confuses apache and/or your browser.

-Charles