Re: [hobbit] hobbit-*.cfg syntax check

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 10:40:12AM -0400, Gary B. wrote:

> Is there a syntax checker for the hobbit-*.cfg configuration files
> (such as hobbit-clients.cfg)?  I'm having an issue where some of the
> rules I set up are apparently being ignored, or otherwise not working
> as expected.  I have a feeling it may be due to a syntax error, but
> I'm not sure.

The utilities that read the configuration file does complain if they
find something they cannot understand. Look in the clientdata.log
and page.log files (for hobbit-clients.cfg and hobbit-alerts.cfg,
respectively).

There are also "--dump-config" options for these two utilities, which
will dump the configuration as they understand it. And complain
about any errors.

> I'm also curious, how does Hobbit deal with syntax errors in the
> configuration files?  Does it just skip over bad syntax, or stop
> completely when it encounters an error?

It tries to cope, ignoring the error and continuing with whatever
bits of the config file it understands.