Re: [hobbit] setting up multiple servers

Henrik Stoerner wrote:

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 10:40:06AM +0200, Stephane Caminade wrote:

I m a bit unclear as to the syntax used for the BBDISPLAYS variable.
If I want to set up 2 servers, for redundancy, I set BBDISP to 0.0.0.0, but what is used for separating the servers in BBDISPLAYS ? Just a blank, a comma, ... ?

A blank.

And on the replicated servers, I guess that I have to modify both server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg and client/etc/hobbitclient.cfg with those same settings ?

Correct. Especially, make sure your clients are configured to send data to both servers.

Regards, Henrik

This may be a tangent to this. I haven't looked at the DMZ functionality but it seems to me that one could use that to have multiple servers set up....just have them all grab a copy of the client output (set the client up as a DMZ client regardless). Would this work?

=G=