Re: [hobbit] turning off the alert module so hobbit does everything except mail alerts

Henrik Stoerner wrote:

Is it possible to turn off just the hobbit alert module, so that hobbit will do everything like it normally does EXCEPT mail the alerts?

Yep, that should work just fine. Just edit hobbitlaunch.cfg and add
DISABLE for the hobbitd_alert module, and it will shut down and stop
sending out alerts. When your systems are back up, you can re-enable
it and alerts should start flowing normally.

Cool. I see this in my hobbitlaunch.cfg:

[bbpage]
ENVFILE /home/bb/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
NEEDS hobbitd
CMD hobbitd_channel --channel=page --log=$BBSERVERLOGS/page.log hobbitd_alert

I would just add "DISABLED" to that section, right?  Like this?:

[bbpage]
DISABLED
ENVFILE /home/bb/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
NEEDS hobbitd
CMD hobbitd_channel --channel=page --log=$BBSERVERLOGS/page.log hobbitd_alert

Tom