Re: [hobbit] turning off the alert module so hobbit does everything except mail alerts

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 03:38:17PM -0400, Tom Georgoulias wrote:
> We will be having a site-wide shutdown in the near future and I would
> like to find a way to prevent a deluge of emails/pages as we recover the
> systems.
[snip]
> Is it possible to turn off just the hobbit alert module, so that hobbit
> will do everything like it normally does EXCEPT mail the alerts?

Yep, that should work just fine. Just edit hobbitlaunch.cfg and add
DISABLE for the hobbitd_alert module, and it will shut down and stop
sending out alerts. When your systems are back up, you can re-enable
it and alerts should start flowing normally.

(At work, I'm actually running two Hobbit servers in parallel - one is
the main production system, the other is a hot standby located at our
backup datacenter. The users do not fancy getting all alerts twice, so
the backup system is running with the hobbitd_alert module permanently
disabled).