Re: [hobbit] Extend timers to avoid purples

On 06/25/2005 06:18 AM, Gee Pee wrote:
If you mean: I run a test once a day and it turns purple after 30 minutes, then you should extend the validity of the result of the test. This defaults to 30 minutes and can be extended on the BB- client-side, see: http://bb4.org/bb/help/bb-man.html#6.9

I also have experienced problems similar to this. I have a external script on the client which I was running with a half hour as its time. When I switched to hobbit I began to get purple and recovered messages every 30 minutes from each client. The recovered message would be timestamped the exact time or +1sec from the purple. I ended up having to change the client to run every 5 minutes and still ocassionally I get purple/recovered. Perhaps a little fudge factor is needed to allow time for the client to complete the script. Something like status time plus and extra 30 seconds.

--
steve

Op 24-jun-2005, om 21:49 heeft Kevin.Hanrahan (at) novainfo.com het volgende geschreven:
Can anybody tell me how to get a test to avoid purples if it is only run once a day? Thanks