[Xymon] Xymon server to monitor off-site cluster [private nodes]

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Jun 28 07:03:43 CEST 2013

On 28 June 2013 05:03, Joseph De Nicolo <denicoloj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now I installed an xymon server on the head-node, where can I disable the
> server daemon and enable xymonproxy?

The server and proxy are launched by xymonlaunch, as specified in the
tasks.cfg file.  Edit tasks.cfg and look for the [xymond] and [xymonproxy]
entries, and add, comment out or remove DISABLED as required.  For
readability or self-documentation, you can change DISABLED to ENABLED, but
ENABLED is the default.  Be sure to put your Xymon server IP address in the
xymonproxy command line after "--server=" (within tasks.cfg).

You need to have the xymon service (xymonlaunch) running, otherwise
xymonproxy won't run.

Cheers
Jeremy