[xymon] sslcert test problem

dOCtoR MADneSs doctor at makelofine.org
Tue Oct 5 22:04:39 CEST 2010

Hi guys !

I discovered a strange trouble on my xymon. I'm running server and
clients version 4.2.3. My server is monitored by xymon and host several
services with SSL. So, xymon do test the ssl certificates using
integrate sslcert test. All is OK.
The strange part is that another host, a simple client -let's call him
"client", is SSL monitored too, but when I check the SSL certificates
that are reported, they are the ones hosted on the xymon server.
So, i have false positives when sslcert reports something wrong on the
server, and I don't get monitoring for the SLL certificates on the client...
The 2 hosts are linux debian, and all other tests are OK (i tried to
stop services on client, and the alert is OK, i tried to stop services
on server, and the alert is OK too) and independants from each other.
They are not on the same subnet, there names aren't similar, and I
didn't register aliases or anything like this. I tried to "bb drop
client sslcert" and "bb drop server sslcert", but nothing changed, after
getting new statuses, the sslcert on client just reports SSL
certificates on server :/

Anyone has an idea ?