Odd Avail numbers in Disk report

Rob Munsch Munsch at phillycarshare.org
Wed Oct 6 17:49:36 CEST 2010

Hello,

The Summary under disk keeps reporting a strange result.  What’s especially odd is some days it’s correct, and some days it does something like this:

Filesystem     1K-blocks     Used       Avail    Capacity    Mounted      Summary(Total\Avail)
C               12586924    8292776    4294148    65%       /FIXED/C        12.03gb\4.97gb

The erroneous Avail isn’t always the same number, either.  And sometimes it’s correct.  I’m worried this is more indicative of something wrong with the partition itself, rather than Xymon.  Has anyone seen this before?  The monitored system is a Windows Server 2003 box (with bbwin running), and the only similar thread I could find was from May, about Solaris.  Unlike that one, this only seems to be affecting the one partition on the box: the D partition, which is on the same array, is reported correctly always, as is the E: drive, which is a different array.  I’m confuzzled.

Rob Munsch

IT Administrator

PhillyCarShare

215-495-1040 x131

www.phillycarshare.org

Our Vision: A Philadelphia in which non-profit car sharing exceeds the convenience, flexibility, and affordability of car ownership.