BUG: fsmon

Malcolm Hunter malcolm.hunter at gmx.co.uk
Fri Mar 20 18:52:36 CET 2009

Not sure if it's been reported before and I'm not sure of the usefulness of posting to spamsville bbwin list, so I thought I'd mention this here.
If anyone's using it, the fsmon.vbs in BBwin needs patching.

Line 274:
If InStr(Left(BBLines.Item(line), 7), BBCOLORS(YELLOW)) <> 0 Then

Needs to be changed to:
If InStr(Left(BBLines.Item(line), 7), BBCOLORS(YELLOW)) <> 0 And finalStatus <> RED Then

Without the patch, a directory that's further down in the fsmon.cfg and is at warning level will override a directory above it at critical level, so the final status will be yellow and not red as it should be.

e.g.:
DIR x "c:\x" <10 <50 "Too many files"
DIR y "c:\y" <10 <50 "Too many files"

If x has 51 files (critical) and y has 11 files (warn), the final status should be red, but because y is below x, the final status is yellow. The patch checks that the final status hasn't already been set to red before it sets it to yellow.

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Technical copy-editor & proofreader