SQL proof of concept (was SQL storage backends (was RE: [hobbit] Xymon 4.3.0:Beta version available on Sourceforge))

Cleaver, Japheth jcleaver at soe.sony.com
Fri Mar 6 22:13:43 CET 2009

Hello all,

Just wanted to send off a copy of the proof-of-concept SQL
hobbitd_channel storage script we've been using. It could certainly be
more useful, but we just wanted to test some of ramifications of keeping
status reports like this. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,
Japheth Cleaver

To use, add lines in hobbitlaunch.cfg like so:
# Experiemental SQL storage
[bbsqlstatus]
        ENVFILE /etc/hobbit/hobbitserver.cfg
        NEEDS hobbitd
        CMD hobbitd_channel --channel=status
--log=$BBSERVERLOGS/sqlstatus.log SOMEPATH/hobbitd_sqlstore

(Note, I'm using a packagized version of hobbit, so your paths may
vary.)