[hobbit] "Disable until OK" doesn't get logged in $BBDISABLED?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Oct 5 17:16:24 CEST 2006

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 04:36:28PM +0200, Eric van de Meerakker wrote:

> I'm currently upgrading to Hobbit 4.2.0 (our old systems still run
> 4.0.4) and I have an issue with a DeadCat BB extension called
> "show_blue.sh". It turns out that disabling something "until OK" doesn't
> write a log in $BBDISABLED, while disabling something with a specific
> duration will. Re-enabling such a test by hand will also result in a
> "Could not remove disable-file" log entry in the enadis.log file.

You could call it a bug, but on the other hand the BB compatibility
files have no way of registering the "until-ok" setting.

> show_blue is intended to show all disabled tests in the "All non-green
> view" and uses the files in $BBDISABLED to determine which tests are
> disabled, the behaviour above makes it impossible for show_blue to
> determine all disabled tests.
>
> What can I do to get show_blue working correctly with "disable until OK"?

How about replacing it ? I don't know what the output from the show_blue
tool looks like, but if you just want an overview of the disabled
statuses then this CGI script will do it:

#!/bin/sh
. /usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitcgi.cfg

(echo "<table border=1>"
 /usr/lib/hobbit/server/bin/hobbit-statusreport.cgi \
	--filter="color=blue" --all \
	--heading="Disabled systems" \
	--show-column \
	--show-summary \
	--link \
	--embedded
 echo "</table>") | \
/usr/lib/hobbit/server/bin/bb-webpage --color=blue --hffile=bb

exit 0