pagetype: HOST alerting feature?

Bruce Lysik blysik at shutterfly.com
Fri Feb 18 02:01:53 CET 2005

Hi,

So I migrated one of our BB installations officially over to Hobbit today.  Woohoo.  So now the questions and comments from the other sysadmins start to come in.

Bigbrother apparently has a paging setting where if all the hosts for a check fail, it will only page you on one of the checks.  ie, a host's nic fails, so ping, http checks, snmp checks fail, but bigbrother would only page you about the ping check failing and preventing a deluge to your pager.

Does hobbit have a way to do this?

--
Bruce Z. Lysik  <blysik at shutterfly.com>
Operations Engineer