[Xymon] charting xymonnet Run Time for additional instances

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Fri Jan 20 23:37:33 CET 2023

In our installation of Xymon, I've recently needed to spin up additional
xymonnet "tasks". These are processes dedicated to specific "networks"
(as specified with the NET:location tag).

I am unable to figure out how to chart the runtime of these new
processes. I have each reporting into the display servers under their
own column. The pages those bubbles link to have all of the appropriate
stats on them, but they are missing the nice RRD chart that is seen on
the native xymonnet page. I've been thrashing about, but I can't hit on
the magic recipe.

Can someone help me out? What do I need to do to get Xymon to build an
RRD, and display the resulting graph, for my specifically-named xymonnet
processes?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration