[Xymon] How to test remote ports

Becker Christian christian.becker at rhein-zeitung.net
Thu Jan 19 08:56:23 CET 2023

Hi,

another possible scenario could be to put the following in protocols.cfg (in my example to check for port 82):

[tcp82]
        port 82

In your hosts.cfg, you need to put tcp82 just after the hostname that you want to check (don't forget to include the #) - example:

1.2.3.4        testhost        # tcp82

After a while your testhost should show up an additional column tcp82 (it's the name is as defined in your protocols.cfg).
We are doing that for a lot of hosts.
Hope it'll help you a bit.

Regards
Christian