[Xymon] How to test remote ports

Christoph Zechner zechner at vrvis.at
Tue Jan 17 23:29:45 CET 2023

Hi,

I've been trying to establish a remote port check, but cannot get it to
work. After reading the man pages and the corresponding topics on the
mailing list, I've configured a test like this:

PORT REMOTE=1.2.3.4:80

but the remote port always comes back as down, even though it is up. Am
I doing something wrong? Local port checks all work perfectly, only the
remote ones do not.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Context: I am using local mode on all clients, so I'm putting all my
checks in /etc/xymon/localclient.cfg, but this should not effect this
check, right?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Christoph Zechner