[Xymon] Historical status log not available

Jeremy Laidman jeremy at laidman.org
Tue Mar 8 02:25:23 CET 2022

Jose

The event history comes from files in the histlogs directory (defined in
XYMONHISTLOGS in xymonserver.cfg). If you've removed the contents of
histlogs to clean up space, you'll see this problem, at least initially.

Files are created by the xymond_history process, launched from tasks.cfg:

$ *grep xymond_history /etc/xymon/tasks.cfg*
        CMD xymond_channel --channel=stachg
--log=$XYMONSERVERLOGS/history.log *xymond_history *
--pidfile=$XYMONSERVERLOGS/xymond_history.pid

If this task/process is not running, you'll have no history. Or if the
process doesn't have permission to write to the histfile directory, you'll
also have no history. Perhaps take a look at the history.log and see if the
process it's complaining.

Cheers
Jeremy