[Xymon] trying to monitor non-standard logfile with server client-local.cfg and failing

POLYAK, TIM P tp6891 at att.com
Wed Jun 22 15:51:23 CEST 2022

Hi,

I am trying to monitor non-standard logfile with server client-local.cfg and failing.
I am using Xymon version 4.3.30 for both the server and client.
The Server is on Redhat and 1 client on redhat and the other on solaris-10
I never see the file attempts in the clientlog on the xymon server for either host.
I have checked for errors in the server/tmp directory and also on the client in client/tmp an client/logs and to not any attempts to read the file.
Here is what I tried so far in the client-local.cfg file
[host=hostname]
file:/var/adm/6800.log
and
[hostname]