[Xymon] automated svcs listing with xymon ps client and analysis.d

nor krie norkrie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 13:55:28 CEST 2022

Excellent!

That was it I was looking for. Works exactly as expected. I added a

directory /home/xymon/server/etc/analysis.d

into my analysis.cfg, and now:
- i can throw in any kind of cfg files into this dir, and all the settings
become active within some minutes (no restart necessary)
- even a mix of settings (for one server) in analysis.cfg and a
servername.cfg in analysis.d works, both settings are considered

This makes it very easy to handle the global settings in analysis.cfg, and
all the individual checks in several extra files.

Thanks for the hint, Fabian!

I saw the directory statement for tasks.d in my servers tasks.cfg as well,
but never realized that this is also possible in the other cfg files.
Next time I will try this in my alerts.cfg as well.

As always a very fast and sufficient solution from this list, great!

Have a nice weekend

Norbert