[Xymon] Bogus Dovecot upgraded libs warnings

Christoph Zechner zechner at vrvis.at
Thu Jun 2 21:10:25 CEST 2022

Hi,

On 02/06/2022 18:32, Jaap Winius via Xymon wrote:

> Bogus Dovecot upgraded libs warnings.eml
>
> Subject:
> Bogus Dovecot upgraded libs warnings
> From:
> Jaap Winius <jwinius at umrk.nl>
> Date:
> 02/06/2022, 18:32
>
> To:
> xymon at xymon.com
>

> Hi folks,
>
> Recently I upgraded a Dovecot IMAP host and now Xymon regularly warns
> about linked libs that have been upgraded for many of the "dovecot/imap"
> processes. When the users log out and the processes disappear, the
> warning disappears as well. Obviously, these warning are bogus. Would
> anyone happen to know what to add to /etc/xymon/libs.local.yaml,
> presumably, to prevent this warning from occurring?
>
> Old host:
>    * Debian 10 (buster)
>    * Dovecot 2.3.4.1
>    * Xymon client: 4.3.28
>
> New host:
>    * Debian 11 (bullseye)
>    * Dovecot 2.3.13
>    * Xymon client: 4.3.30
>
> Xymon host (in both cases):
>    * Debian 11 (bullseye)
>    * Xymon server: 4.3.30
>

> Cheers,

I think we had the same problems (also Debian) and I guess, this line in
our libs.yaml stems from there:

- 'dovecot(\.index|-uidlist|\.list\.index)'

I just compared it to our other servers and this line seems to be unique
in our xymon hosts, so I'm pretty sure it was added to fix this problem.

Cheers
Christoph