[Xymon] proper upgrade method from 4.3.27 to 4.3.30

Kris Springer kspringer at innovateteam.com
Fri May 28 22:16:45 CEST 2021

One of my Xymon servers is running Ubuntu v16.04 and Xymon Server v4.3.27
I was gonna build a brand new VM and install the Xymon v4.3.30 and go
through all the config edits, but if I can just upgrade Xymon instead
that will save me a lot of time, but I'm unclear on the correct method.
I'd like all the configs and paths to stay intact.
Is it as simple as unzipping the 4.3.30.tar.gz and running ./configure ?

I will of course be snapshoting my server prior to trying this, but I
thought I'd ask if anyone has attempted this and run into any issues
they could share.

--
Kris Springer