[Xymon] PS Client in "local mode"?

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Fri May 28 21:02:49 CEST 2021

On 5/28/2021 10:24 AM, Timothy Williams wrote:
- snip -
> All Red/yellow/green analysis is done on the server, however there can
> be instances where you run a local script and pass the red/green back in
> the package to server.

> The local-config can be stored on the host, which
> makes it harder to centralize/standardize, or is downloaded each cycle
> and read into cache.

If I'm reading the XymonPSCleint.doc correctly, then:

'clientconfigfile' is a file containing "config directives"

'clientremotecfgexec' may say "don't clobber the local file with stuff
taken from the Xymon server"

But that's all I get. There is no provision for a local analysis.cfg,
hence xymonclient.ps1 creates only messages of the type 'client', and
never of the type 'status'. (I'm looking at lines 4223-4230 of the .ps1).

Well, shoot. That's unfortunate.

Thanks for the pointer, Tim.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov