assistance with xymonPSclient

David Smith david.smith at renfrewshire.gov.uk
Fri May 28 18:34:57 CEST 2021

Hi

I am looking for some help with Xymon client on windows

I have a linux server running xymon server 4.3.30, and I have been using bbwin clients for quite a while, but I was looking to migrate to the powershell one as at least there seems to be some moderate development on it.

I put the newest xymonclient.ps1 + xymonclient_config + nssm.exe in c:\program files\xymon

Contents of xymonclient_config is
XymonSettings>

  <servers>MYXYMONSERVER</servers>

  <clientlogfile>c:\program files\xymon\xymonclient.log</clientlogfile>
  <clientconfigfile>c:\program files\xymon\clientconfig.cfg</clientconfigfile>

  <clientfqdn>0</clientfqdn>
  <clientlower>1</clientlower>

  <clientremotecfgexec>1</clientremotecfgexec>

              <wanteddisks>3</wanteddisks>

              <externalscriptlocation>c:\program files\xymon\ext</externalscriptlocation>
              <externaldatalocation>c:\program files\xymon\tmp</externaldatalocation>
</XymonSettings>

I have a line in client-local.cfg on my xymon server
[win32]
servicecheck:SEEMISproxy

Now what I though that I would get is on the xymon page for services, for my single client would be the single service I declared in the client-local.cfg. However what I do get is a clear button, which shows all services and it says No Services checks defined.
Similarly there are clear button for files, ports and procs.
All other checks like disks, cpu etc are working.
Is my assumption for how this should work wrong?

Do I have to do something locally on the client?

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated

Cheers

David

Renfrewshire Council Website -http://www.renfrewshire.gov.uk

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Renfrewshire Council may, in accordance with the Telecommunications(Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000, intercept e-mail messages for the purpose of monitoring or keeping a record of communications on the Council's system. If a message contains inappropriate dialogue it will automatically be intercepted by the Council's Internal Audit section who will decide whether or not the e-mail should be onwardly transmitted to the intended recipient(s).