[Xymon] Monitoring for process runs too long

Robert Herron robert.herron at gmail.com
Wed May 26 21:53:02 CEST 2021

I need pointers to documentation or how-to for monitoring via the Client
Data server-side.

I have a server managed by a third-party.  Fortunately, this vendor uses
Xymon to monitor it. I cannot add custom EXT scripts to it. The vendor did
add my Xymon server to the xymonclient.cfg’s XYMSERVERS parameter so I can
set custom thresholds in my analysis.cfg.

So, the server had a process that hung and started causing problems. I
would like to leverage a Client Data on my server to monitor and alert for
this process.

Thanks.
--

Robert Herron