[Xymon] ran Trimhistory and it broke something

Kris Springer kspringer at innovateteam.com
Tue Mar 23 18:41:17 CET 2021

Upon further searching of mailing list I came across this.
https://lists.xymon.com/archive/2019-February/046058.html
I re-ran my command with the 'sudo -u xymon' addition and it worked and
xymond_history isn't crashing anymore.

$ cd /home/xymon/server/bin/
$ sudo -u xymon ./trimhistory --drop --dropsvcs --droplogs
--cutoff=`date +%s --date="1 Jan 2019"` --progress

Kris Springer

Per the instructions found at
https://xymon.sourceforge.io/xymon/help/manpages/man8/trimhistory.8.html
I ran the following command to trim my very old log history and ever
since then I'm getting the following crash alert.  Also when reviewing
history via the webpage I get results but the time stamps are wonky.  I
suspect it's because of the program crashing.
Anyone know how to fix?

Trimhistory command I used:
$ ./trimhistory --drop --dropsvcs --droplogs --cutoff=`date +%s
--date="1 Jan 2019"` --progress

Alert I'm receiving:

--

Kris Springer