[Xymon] check validity of ssl certificates (without http-status?)

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Tue Mar 23 17:14:44 CET 2021

On 3/23/2021 7:22 AM, Marvin Stark wrote:
> Currently I'm searching for a solution to only
> monitor the validity of ssl certificates, currently i do this with the
> HTTP check which does not fit in all of my cases.

You could use the "group-except" in place of "group". This will let you
suppress the http column on _display_. The test will still be performed,
but the results will not be shown.

You could use the "httphead" test in place of the basic "http" test. If
fed an https URL, I think it would still examine the certificate and
populate the sslcert test.

You could use the "httpstatus" test in place of the basic "http" test,
and specify everything other than [4xx] as success.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration
State of Alaska