[Xymon] Issues logging into Xymon after new install Ubuntu 16.04

mdeal5 at juno.com mdeal5 at juno.com
Mon Mar 1 23:49:12 CET 2021

Folks, I'm a newbie to xymon and not the strongest linux user admittedly. I've gone through the available documentation that I've been able to locate and I am completely stumped and stuck.  No matter what I do, I get an error 403 when I try to access the Xymon server page. So.  My first question.  Do I have to access the Xymon web page from the local host or can I access it from a web browser on another host?

If I can access it from a browser on a different machine, what steps do I need to take to diagnose why I can't access the webpages? From what I can determine, the Xymon service is active and running.  I've started, stopped, and restarted them multiple times using sudo service xymon <command>. ps afx | grep hobbit  yields user at utility:/usr/lib/xymon/server/etc$ ps afx | grep hobbit
 5631 pts/0 S+ 0:00 \_ grep --color=auto hobbit ps afx| grep hobbit | grep -v grep yields nothing. I've restarted apache2 services in a similar fashion after changing Allow from localhost to Allow from all.  Still nothing. I've seen a few threads with similar questions, but none of them have been very helpful and I can't figure out anything else to do. Where do I start to unravel this particular gordian knot?  And I apologize for being long winded.

For First Time in Weeks, Most States See Increase in Cases
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/603d6fd1b33e66fd17e8est03vuc1
Democrats Unveil 'Ultra-Millionaire Tax Act'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/603d6fd1d3b766fd17e8est03vuc2
John Oliver Points Out 'Pretty Weird' Cuomo Habit
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/603d6fd1f31466fd17e8est03vuc3