[Xymon] Sanity checking my alert config

Jeremy Laidman jeremy at laidman.org
Thu Jul 29 03:56:21 CEST 2021

Shawn

I can't comment on your alerts config, as I rarely use them, so I'm not
familiar with the syntax.

The (R) and (S) are alert codes. R means "recovered" and S means "stopped"
(matched a STOP rule).

I couldn't find the details in any documentation, but the source code
reveals all! There are other codes, and they would be listed in a code
string (not necessarily just a single character) separated by commas,
within the parentheses. Here's what the code says:

A = no alerts
R = recovered (alert has recovered from an alert state)
N = notice (matches NOTICE rule because message is a "notify" message)
S = stoprule (matches a rule with a STOP recipient)
U = unmatched

Hope that helps